The Kings College
- The Kings College
- Photos: Basketball Team 1939 - 1940
- Photos provided by Ruth Stockton Shuck
- Postcard and photos provided by Richard Napolitan
- Photos: provided by Marie Schober and Art Nordin
- Silver Anniversary Supplement
- Testimony of Rev. Percy Crawford
- Camp Evans Visit 1999
- 2003 Coast Star News Article
- All Pages
The 1938 freshmen class in front of the Marconi Hotel. In 1936 the Young People's Association for the Propagation of the Gospel purchased the Marconi property along Shark River Bay for the purpose of opening a Christian College. After careful preparation, the King's College, with Percy B. Crawford as its President, opened in September of 1938. In keeping with its name (a dedication to Christ – King of Kings) this co-educational School teaches the principles of Protestant Christianity along with regular course of scholastics. It is not a Bible school, nor is it a school with the sole purpose of offering instruction in Arts and Sciences. The founders established King's College with the view of coordinating the two programs.
With about one hundred students enrolled, the College now has academic recognition up to the Sophomore year; next year the Senior grade will be added.
The faith, courage and tenacity of purpose embodied in the origin and maintenance of this College and the Christian spirit that permeates throughout, should certainly merit success in its mission.
1939 document courtesy of Art Nordin
- Next >>